the Smart way to find literature
Are you looking for reliable academic literature for your paper, article, thesis or dissertation? Would you like to know which (online) sources you can access, such as databases and journals? If so, this workshop is for you. Once you have completed it, you will know how to set up a well-considered search strategy. This approach will help you to obtain more relevant and current search results.
You will also learn:
- what you can and cannot do using Google;
- which standards an academic article must meet;
- how to evaluate the reliability of information that you have found;
- how to formulate a research question and then break it down into search terms;
- how to conduct Boolean searches (using AND, OR, NOT to combine or exclude search terms)
- finding a quotation.
Related LibGuide: Course A - All disciplines by Rick Vermunt
- Monday, March 4, 2019 Show more dates
- 14:00 - 16:00
- Library lab 1B21
- Library Main Building